Monday 9 February 2015

Vizsla







My name is Denzil, I am a Hungarian Vizsla. I am not a Rhodesian Ridgeback, Weimerner or Red Setter (seriously?!). In fact my breed is far older than all of those. Vizslak (the correct plural) have been around for more than 1000 years, but only existed outside of Hungary in any significant numbers for less than 100 years, and in the UK for only 60 or so.

In fact Vizslak as a breed almost became extinct in the 20th Century, at one time there were only 12 dogs alive!


I think I am a lap dog, apparently I am a gun dog, though the reality is that, uniquely I am both. I am a rare example of a great Hunter Pointer who makes a perfect family pet.

I am affectionate, loyal, intelligent,  and athletic. One of the fastest breeds, I am also fearless, protective and gentle. I have no faults. Well ,ok, I am very clingy, wilful and I need lots of proper exercise, and lots of company and stimulation.



I am healthy and long lived, most likely due to careful and limited breeding over the last 50 years.
I have very odd owners, and lots of them are dentists!

I am a real ginger.

That is all

Denzil x


No comments:

Post a Comment