Saturday 9 January 2016

Reflections of 2015

Since I have revisited my goals for the 2015 , I thought that I would reflect on the year a  bit more, as I think about my goals for 2016

These were my wins

  • Long weekends in Paris and Sitges with Steve- both fantastic. I didn't even hate Paris completely. Sitges is a wonderful place for a holiday. It is a brilliant mix of young families and gays. No stag parties, no hordes of drunken teenagers and 18-30 holidays (is that showing my age?). Loads of lovely bars and restaurants and fantastic beaches (12 of them!)
  • 10 days in Florida was amazing. A holiday of a lifetime with the kids. Exhausting though and not really relaxing but great. I am done with rollercoasters for a long while, and also done with overly large american breakfasts. 
  • Selling Beacon DentalCare to Gensmile. It took a long time and the deal was close to collapse a few times, but we got it over the line eventually. I can't tell you how happy I am to be an associate, still working in the fab practice I helped to create. The future at Beacon is very bright.
  • Divorce coming through finally. It might be a sad occasion for some, and indeed it was not a big high, but we have been seperated for 7 years and on good terms, so it was about time that we tied the loose ends up and got on with it. We are both much happier for it.
  • Seeing my love for Steve flourish and vice versa. It really is quite marvelous to love and be loved so much. Nothing else to add to that
  • Seeing Steve finish his house in Bristol and get it sold, AND buy a new, if a bit broken, one in Malvern. 
  • Watch the new broken house get almost fixed and ready to move into or sell.
  • Take on the role of Membership Director of BACD. I was very daunted by this, and struggled initially to do my job, but I think that I have grown into it, and really looking forward to hitting it hard this year
  • Losing 6kg! (briefly!)
  • Being fitter and learning to swim and run well
  • Completing my first and probably not last triathlon, and raising £650!
  • Smashed the Dentistry Awards winning 4 out of 4!

Losses
  • Not coming out of the sale with any money left, in fact considerable remaining debt. ah well, it is done now, and I have plenty of years left to start again
  • Not being able to do any work with Dental Mavericks this year- I am almost up for it with fundraising through my triathlon
  • Not being able to pay my parents off this year
  • BIG STRESS, since the sale
  • Being skint and owing my friends and family money
  • Not being physically healthy- joints and bowel problems remaining unfixed and undiagnosed

Favourite Films of 2015

  • Star Wars :The force Awakens 
  • Sunshine on Leith (amazing- watch it if you get the chance)
  • Interstellar 
  • Spy
  • Focus 
Music
  • Jimmy Somerville - "Homage"
  • Mark Knopfler - "Tracker"
  • The Proclaimers "Lets hear it for the dogs"
  • The Fratellis "Eyes wide, tongue tied"
  • Rod Stewart " Another Country"
  • Natasha Paremski "Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1"
Books

  • Ben Cohen- My Autobiography
  • Giulia Enders-Gut
  • Bill Bryson- The Road to Little Dribbling
  • Dan Jones- The Hollow Crown
  • Simon Sinek- Start with Why

No comments:

Post a Comment