Thursday 20 August 2015

Revisiting my Goals

Since I have been in such a reflective and peaceful frame of mind lately, I thought that I would revisit my Goals for 2015 and see how I have done and what needs to be done for the rest of the year.

Written originally over the New Year's holiday this is what I  set out, and how I have done SO FAR

"Family
  • Take a proper holiday with Steve and my children, Florida preferably  - TICK
  • Visit New Zealand at Christmas UNLIKELY NOW
  • Holiday with Steve- TICK
  • Continue to spend quality time with kids TICK
Relationships
  • Life with Steve to grow and thrive TICK
  • Move closer together or indeed be together DEFINETLY HAPPENING BUT LIKELY NEXT YEAR
  • Finalise an amicable divorce and maintain a healthy relationship with Katie TICK
Career
  • Complete the transformation of the structure of the practice TICK
  • Work towards a bigger and better future for Beacon TICK
  • Work hard in my BACD role TICK
Money
  • Be Debt free by the end of the year NO CHANCE BUT PLAN IN HAND- MUST TRY HARDER
  • Start to save properly - MUST TRY HARDER
Education
  • Increase my Orthodontic and Implant Skills  SEMI TICK- WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Start Facial Aesthetics training FAIL- NEXT YEAR
  • Reduce Golf Handicap to 20 FAIL- TENDONITIS PUTTING PAY TO GOLF FOR NOW
Physical
  • Weigh no more than 88kg on 31 December (currently 91.3) SEMI TICK (CURRENTLY 88.3)
  • Complete a triathlon IN TRAINING FOR SEPTEMBER
  • Climb a big mountain for Dental Mavericks FAIL
  • Get my health problems sorted out once and for all WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Cycle more TICK
  • Have a more regular gym routine DOUBLE  TICK
Also

I shall repay my Parents FAIL, BUT PLAN IN HAND
Visit Morocco with Dental Mavericks FAIL
I shall make a concerted attempt at being Gluten free TICK
I shall sleep more and drink more water HMM
I will reconnect with my oldest friends Richard and Kate, Naomi, Nick and Marion, Paul and Sandra, Susan, Fi, Claire and Guy- going to be busy" NOT YET- (KICKS SELF)

So- New Goals for rest of 2015

Family
  • Make a plan to visit  family in New Zealand this year or next
  • Maximise Family time
  • Plan holidays for next year
Relationships
  • Plan for renovating Steve's new house and moving in together
  • Plan time away for Christmas period
  • Reconnect with old friends
Career and Education
  • Facial Aesthetics training
  • Continue Orthodontic Journey
  • Full steam ahead with BACD Membership Director role
  • Adapt fully to life as an associate
Money

  • Proper household budget and plan to eliminate personal debt by end 2018
  • Save properly
  • Start repaying my parents and stick to the plan
Physical
  • Weigh less than 87kg and less than 16% body fat by 31 December this year ( currently 88.3 and 19%)
  • Compete in my first triathlon
  • Continue swimming and running for fitness
  • Continue gym routine
  • Get a diagnosis for my health problems and get them fixed!!!
  • Sleep more and drink less alcohol


No comments:

Post a Comment