Saturday 17 May 2014

Day 6. Warrington to Upton upon Severn



110 miles,  8 hrs 3, 13.6mph, 3163 ft climbing

A day that I have visualised for 2 years has finally arrived. The day I riqde past my home and into Upton to be met by my friends. Wow...

But first , the small matter of riding from Warrington 110 miles away.

Todays riding partner was David, after our epic ride into town last night. ( I stormed up the last hill, after being towed by David for 60 miles!,. Sadly my storming was a little too energetic as I sailed passed my hotel!

Anyway, we rode relatively uneventfully to the first stop at market drayton. Uneventful for us, but not for Sarah, Andy and Lawrence who all got a bit lost!!

Andy joined us for the run to Albrighton,  through the Shropshire lanes to Newport then down the A41 -not any sort of fun in heavy traffic.

Shortly after lunch, Andys mechanical troubles continued with a broken spoke followed by a second. We left him with Denplan Simon to ride to the rescue. Andy rode most of the day with simon and arrived well after dark (again).


A quick word about food. My diet before and during this ride is fantastic. When you are burning 4-6000 calories,  there are little restrictions on eating. Puddings!!!!!!
I shall miss them next week. I recommend riding a bike 4-6 hours a day, to fully enjoy a great diet.

Great ride through the lanes to kinver in the sunshine, then canal to Kidderminster and then to Worcester.

My ride from worcester to upton was fantastic.  Everything I had imagined over all of my training rides on those roads.

Met by friends putting a beer in my hand. Just perfect..

No comments:

Post a Comment